Welcome aboard!

Indian cuisine is a riot of colours, flavours, and spices. Every state has its own unique culture- ingrained taste bud. And, to many of us staying within familiar tastes is a sacrosanct act. Of course an occasional trip to a speciality restaurant that serves another fare is ok. But, as a matter of routine ...at home...NO!

One of the benefits of being born to parents who dared an interstate marriage (am talking about India of the 70's) was being able to widen a regional taste bud to accept, experiment and, relish eclectic cuisines :-)

I love food! Be it traditional or fusion, cooking is all about turning out fare that is tasty and healthy.I welcome all lovers of good food to come on aboard and share your kitchen adventures.

If you like what you see, do leave a comment. If you don't, please leave a suggestion to help me make this better.

You can also request for any recipe you want. Just leave a note in a comment box.

Happy cooking!

Dershana

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Mint tea

This is my version of the Moroccan 'Mint tea'. The original, I've heard, calls for huge chunks out of conical shaped sugar lumps, greentea that's been washed and dried to remove some of the bitterness, and poured from a height so that the tea forms a foam on the glass.
My version is simpler and I find it very energizing and yummy!
For one cup
Fresh mint - 3-4 sprigs
Tea leaves - 1/2 teaspoon
Demerara (brown sugar) - 1 teaspoon
Boiling water - 1 cup
Place the sugar, tea leaves, and mint sprigs in a teapot or saucepan. Pour boiling water over this. Stir to dissolve the sugar and infuse the mint flavour in. Filter into a cup or in a glass like the moroccans and me :-)
Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dhi of cookingetcetera has been kind enough to bring my attention to the foodie photograph competition on at her end. Thank you, Dhi. The competition is on at http://cookingetcetera.wordpress.com/2008/07/07/red-white-foodie-photo-contest/

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love mint tea too, especially the maroccan one. Funny, I was just thinking of doing similar shot as well but couldn't find the correct mint leaves. It was slightly slimmer & pointier leaves...

Oh, I'd like to invite you to join the food photo contest. Please have a look here for more info
http://cookingetcetera.wordpress.com/2008/07/07/red-white-foodie-photo-contest/

There're some prizes for the lucky winners :D

Dershana said...

Thank you for the invite, Dhi. I've sent the picture to you.

 
Blog Blog